Emerge is Inclusion In Art’s annual art mentorship program.
The selected artist will work towards creating a body of work for a solo show towards the end of the year. In the months leading up to the show, the artist will receive constructive feedback on their artwork from Inclusion In Art’s distinguished board of directors, practicing artists and curators. The selected artist will receive guidance in various professional practices
This program is open to any emerging Oklahoma artist that identifies as a racial/ethnic minority. We define emerging artists as anyone who has just started their career in art, no matter their age.
Our organization is dedicated to promoting racial and cultural diversity in Oklahoma’s visual art community. We encourage those in the early stages of their artistic career to become more involved.
The Oklahoma City exhibition will be in February 2023, and possibly will travel to Tulsa in April 2023
Timeline of Program
- May 27th – June 1st Applicant Interviews
- June 1st – 7th – Final Selection and notification
- June 20th – 25th – First studio visit
Deadline to apply May 25rd 2022 @ 11:59pm
How to apply
- Email a complete application to Inclusioninartsubmissions@gmail.com
- Include the subject line: Emerge 2022 – first and last name
- Bio (include ethnicity/race)
- Artist Statement
- 5 – 10 images/video samples (files must be numbered and labeled by first and last initial. Ex. AB01)
- Image list (number, title, medium, dimensions)