Inclusion In Art is seeking submissions for High Craft: Contemporary Fine Craft exhibition. Inclusion In Art is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting racial and cultural diversity in Oklahoma’s visual art community. Selected work will be on display in the Norick Gallery on the Oklahoma City University campus from October 2023-December 2023.
High Craft: Contemporary Fine Craft displays the best of modern craft artists of color in Oklahoma. Craft refers to works done where the imagination and the hand of the maker are evident. Materials of crafts include fibers, ceramic, wood, glass, metal, basketry, furniture, jewelry, mixed media, paper, and wearable art. Craft is found in cultures across the world, and High Craft: Contemporary Fine Craft seeks to represent that diversity.
Open to all living Oklahoma residents who identify as a person of color including bipoc (black, indigenous, and people of color) who create craft art in the previously mentioned materials. Proposals for craft installations are also welcome.
Work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
Selected artists will receive a monetary stipend.
- CV or artist’s resume, Artist Statement (max 500 words) and Artist Bio (max 500 words)
- Artists can submit up to 5 works with up to 2 detailed images for a total of 7 images and submit an image list
- Image list should be a separate document as follow: Artist Full Name – Artwork information (Image #, Title of work, medium/material/ size/dimension)
- Image File format: JPEG/JPG only. File dimensions: 1200 pixels or greater on the longest side. File size: under 5 MB
- Image files should be named as follows – Image #, artist’s Last Name, title.jpg example: 1_LastName_Title.jpg
- For installations, please include proposals (max 500 words) with supporting images.
- Submit via firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 30, 2022 11:59pm – Submission Deadline
- end of July 2022 – notifications of selected artists
- October 25-27, 2023 – installation
- October 30, 2023 – opening
- December 15, 2023 – closing