Inclusion In Art Curatorial Mentorship Program
The emerging curator will work with members of the Inclusion In Art board and with a selected emerging artist. The emerging curator will provide critique and thematic input into the exhibition. The selected person will develop their skills by learning the professional aspects of curation, including writing and research, community involvement and applying for grants. The Curate Program requires a commitment of approximately six months, which will conclude with an Art Exhibition in a gallery at the end of 2021. We encourage those in the early stages of their curatorial career to apply.
This program is open to any emerging curator living in Oklahoma that identifies as a racial/ethnic minority. We define an emerging artist as anyone who is in the early stages of their career in art, no matter their age.
Inclusion In Art is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting racial and cultural diversity in Oklahoma’s visual art community. IIA continues to support artists of color by connecting communities through presentations that challenge traditional perspectives and embrace progressive thought.
- May 27th – June 1st Applicant Interviews
- June 1st – 7th – Final Selection and notification
- June 20th-25th – First studio visit with Emerge artist
Deadline to apply: May 25th, 2022 @11:59pm
How to apply:
- Email a complete application to Inclusioninartsubmissions@gmail.com
- Include the subject line: Emerge Curator 2022 – first and last name
- Bio (include ethnicity/race)
- Statement of how this program can help in your curatorial career (250 words)
- 500-word minimum writing sample